Join a national consulting group exclusively operating within the private equity space.
Vice President – Financial Accounting Advisory Services
- Do you have over 7 years of experience working in financial accounting or operations?
- Do you have experience working at a top-tier public accounting firm/private company and a bachelor’s degree in an accounting related field? (CPA is a plus!)
What is the opportunity?
The Vice President – Financial Accounting Advisory Services, will be directly advising CFOs, leveraging your insights to help make important business decisions. Be part of a national consulting group exclusively operating within the private equity space, who have strong relationships with over 200 portfolio companies across America.
As a Vice President – Financial Accounting Advisory Services, you will be leading teams that are dedicated to providing support on a wide range of transactions and events, including accounting policies & procedures, ERP/Financial System Execution, Technical Accounting and other areas – you are leading a team of doers and problem solvers – making sense of complexity and bolstering sponsors’ value creation thesis’s.
The firm is highly aspirational in terms of its growth – you are coming into an environment that is agile and entrepreneurial – your mindset will need to be the same for you to thrive – after posting $100m revenue in 2021, the aim is to become a billion-dollar company, you will be someone who is equally ambitious and dedicated to reaching your goals.
As part of your role, you will be a leader of others and will lead by example, you should have experience in advising clients on financial accounting issues and passionate about delivering exceptional client service.
You will also need to be a team player, sharing your knowledge and experience is essential to building a strong team culture – you should be able to effectively communicate complex issues and solutions, work with team members across all levels and be a mentor to your team.
What’s in it for you?
- Strong Compensation Package: Including an industry leading bonus going up to 40% of your base salary
- Accelerated Career Progression: Promotion is determined by merit rather than tenure, 1 in 3 new hires in 2021 were promoted in their first year and top performers will see a much quicker path to director level compared to elsewhere
- Flexible Working: Positions are based in respective office locations; however, a flexible working environment is openly embraced and hire on both a hybrid and remote basis.
- A Valuable Network: Not only will you be working on a variety of projects cross-functionally with other service lines, but many of your colleagues will also have come from various industry backgrounds, often working within portfolio companies themselves. The working environment is like no other and will be hugely beneficial in making friends for life!
What you’ll be doing
- Prepare financial statements, typically in connection with acquisitions, carve-outs, proposed sale transactions, restatements etc
- Assist in the design and implementation of new accounting policies and procedures
- Assess and improve financial accounting close process, including accelerating and streamlining monthly and quarterly reporting process
- Establish and document best-in-class financial and operational internal controls and/or assisting in controls remediation
- Assist with audit preparation
- Oversee and manage financial reporting and operational systems implementations
- Assess and design finance and accounting organizational structure
- Bring a knowledge of reporting and/or operational accounting issues to engagements
- Act as the firm representative during client engagements
- Assist in growing the firm by supporting business development activities
- Identify and sponsor internal initiatives
What you bring to the table
- Over 7 years of experience working in financial accounting or operations at a top-tier public accounting or financial advisory firm, and/or private company
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field. CPA is a plus.
- A strong and up-to date knowledge of US GAAP (exposure to IFRS is a plus), with deep technical understanding of topics such as ASC 606 revenue recognition, lease transactions, purchase accounting, etc.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint Skills
- Strong client service mindset
Register your interest or apply to the job using the apply button.
View more jobs or get in touch to talk about your career. Follow us on LinkedIn to stay up to date with latest market trends.