The roles of senior legal and compliance officers have evolved significantly in the last few years, as organisations of all sizes must contend with increasing amounts of regulation, legislation, and litigation. The growing emphasis on corporate governance and compliance has given compliance and legal officers a key role in this increasingly complex regulatory environment.
There is pressure for in-house teams to use external counsel more sparingly and to carry out complex transactional work themselves, increasing the need to hire the best possible candidates.
The individuals who understand the economic impact of legal and regulatory issues and how to manage the risks have acquired the status of strategic business partner for both executive teams and the board. We partner with companies across all industry sectors to identify high performing individuals within these disciplines and have a successful track record in recruiting leading talent.
Clients turn to us for advice in the identification, selection and recruitment of:
- Chief legal officers/general counsels
- Company secretaries
- Assistant, divisional or regional counsels
- Chief compliance officers / regional heads of compliance
- Corporate governance officers
- Heads of financial crime / MLRO
- Heads of regulatory affairs
- Partners and senior associates of law firms
- Senior executives of law firms (general management, finance, HR, IT)
- Senior interims